5 Elements Yagi UHF (Panda Antenna Build)
Material list for building a 5 Elements UHF Yagi
1. 1″ X 0.5″ Rectangular Aluminum tubing for the boom
2. 3/8″ Aluminum tubing for antenna elements
3. 1cm Outside diameter antenna tubing for elements holder
4. 1pc SO239 connector
5. Pop rivets / Rivet tool
6. #12 AWG Copper wire with insulation (12″for Gamma match)
7. Soldering iron
8. 10pcs Stainless steel nuts and bolts 20mm length 3mm diameter
9. 1pc, Butterfly nut and 1 bolt 18mm length 3mm diameter
10. Aluminum plate 0.5mm thickness
11. Collapsible tube (shrinkable tubes)
To build the 5 Elements UHF Yagi you may follow the direction for building the 3 Elements Yagi. The elements for UHF antenna are shorter and it needs more precise cutting. Follow the measurements on the diagram including spacing between the elements and when built successfully it will give you a very desirable 11 dBi gain or about or about 8.85dBd.
To increase the performance you may also configure the antenna in stack configuration by making two antenna’s and connect it with a phasing harness for increased performance.
Antenna Gain Simulation and Signal Pattern Using 4Nec2 antenna modeling for individual antenna.
Front to Back Ratio: 9.92dB
Antenna Gain: 10.98 ~ 11dBi
Beamwitdh: 56° Vertical 46° Horizontal
Vertical Pattern 5 Elements UHF Yagi
Horizontal Pattern 5 Elements UHF Yagi
Combined Pattern Free Space
Combined Pattern Ground Effect