Material list for building a 4 Elements Yagi
- 1″ X 0.5″ Rectangular Aluminum tubing for the boom
- 3/8″ Aluminum tubing for antenna elements
- 1cm Outside diameter antenna tubing for elements holder
- 1pc SO239 connector
- Pop rivets / Rivet tool
- #12 AWG Copper wire with insulation (12″for Gamma match)
- Soldering iron
- 8pcs Stainless steel nuts and bolts 20mm length 3mm diameter
- 1, Butterfly nut and 1 bolt 18mm length 3mm diameter
- Aluminum plate 0.5mm thickness
- Collapsible tube (shrinkable tubes)
To build the 4 Elements Yagi you may follow the direction for building the 3 Elements Yagi except that you will add an additional parasitic element (director) which is about 5% shorter than the last element of the 3 elements yagi. The spacing are the same between the elements and when built successfully it will give you a very desirable 9.39dBi gain or about or about 7.24dBd.
To increase the performance you may also configure the antenna in stack configuration by making two antenna’s and connect it with a phasing harness for increased performance.
Antenna Gain Simulation and Signal Pattern Using 4Nec2 antenna modeling.
Front to Back Ratio: 9.92dB
Antenna Gain: 9.39dBi
Beamwitdh: 70° Vertical 54° Horizontal
Vertical Pattern 4 Elements Yagi
Horizontal Pattern 4 Elements Yagi
Combined Pattern 4 Elements Yagi